I am honored and excited to have been nominated for the Liebster Award, an award given out by fellow bloggers to help people discover new blogs. I was nominated by Shakuita Johnson.
- You must link back to the person who nominated you;
- Answer 11 questions from the person who nominated you;
- Nominate 11 new bloggers and ask them 11 questions;
- You cannot nominate the person who nominated you;
- You must let the people you nominate know they have been nominated.
Here are the questions Shakuita asked me:
1. What is your favorite genre to read? Why?
I think reading anything helps. I read mostly fiction. For me reading fiction fires up one’s imagination and the stories can “take you away from life” for a few moments and letting your mind and imagination wander in a different way. I also enjoy gaining insights into the psychologies of other cultures and times.
2. If you could be anyone in the world for a day, who would it be? Why?
I think it would do good to anyone to be their spouse for a day! It would give us a better understanding of how to treat and respect them.
It would also help us understand them better.
3. Who is your best friend? Why?
My best friend’s name is Ivo. He’s my best friend because he understands me. I’ve known him for 12 years and he’s like a brother to me. He always listens to what I’m saying and he gives me advice on the things I can’t figure out on my own.
4. What is the best memory you have? Why?
I do have a few selected memories from my childhood. When my mom told me that she was pregnant, for me, it was the best news ever. I had always longed for a sibling.
So, the best one is when I first met my sister. I remember Mom sitting up in bed and letting me hold my sister. I felt such an instant bond with her that I didn’t want to go to the kindergarten or to go out and play whit the other kids. It was amazing to hold my sister and play with her when she was a little, now I can’t imagine the world without having her like my sister.
5. If you could change on moment in your life what would it be?
That’s a tough one, I’m not sure I would change anything. I’m happy and content at the moment. Sure, I’d like to be more financially secure, but I’m doing well nonetheless. But going back and changing things, big things, or embarrassing things – things that impacted me and have helped shape who I am today…… I honestly can’t say that I would want to take those experiences away, those are life lessons – lessons I’ve grown from, they’ve made me a better person in the end. No, I’m good….. I’d rather keep those experiences and hope I never repeat them.
6. Is it better to have love in and lost than to never have loved at all?
Love is such an important experience that even the pain of losing someone you love is better than not having loved that person.
7. Where do you do your best thinking?
Walking, Running, Traveling (airplanes, airports, trains, buses), Falling Asleep or Waking Up, In Conversation with Friends, Listening to Audio books or Podcasts, Showering and etc. I think that the great ideas come most when you aren’t trying to think of them.
8. If you could change your name, what would it be? Why?
I don’t have anything in particular against my name. I’ve grown used to it. It’s like a favorite T-shirt: familiar, comfortable, and easy to wear.
My parents have chosen this name on purpose, so I respect them and honor their decision.
9. iPhone or Android?
Honestly, having looked at Android and iPhone, I chose the iPhone. Faster, easier to use, more compatible with work. Overall, a better experience for me as a user.
10. What do you think of social media?
Before social media, everything was in what must now seem like slow motion. We would hear of breaking news on TV if we happened to be awake, but we wouldn’t be able to confirm anything until we ran out to the driveway the next morning for the latest issue of The Washington Post, The New York Times, or the local newspaper.
Now social media is a powerful tool; and we have to use it well if we want to succeed and be successful.
11. If you could start up your own business what would it be?
Running your own business is a stressful but good career and life choice. It demands your time and focus. Since I like to read and write if I have the money I would open a self-publishing house. I think this way I can do what I love, I can help other authors and I can be able to make money and support my family as well.
Well there you have it folks! My little tidbits! Here are my nominees for the Liebster Award:
Please answer these questions before accepting your award:
- What is your biggest goal in life?
- What’s your dream job?
- Would you rather follow your heart or your head?
- If you are allowed to do just one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What do you think of this expression: Where there was fire, ashes remain?
- What’s the best gift you’ve ever given and what’s the best gift you’ve ever received?
- What ability or skill do you most wish you had (that you don’t have already)?
- If you could vacation anywhere in the world, where would you go?
- What would you do without electricity for 3 days?
- What is your favorite book/author?
- What’s the biggest problem facing the world right now and If you alone could solve it, how would you do it?
Good luck and enjoy!